Seeking experienced OD/ID CNC machinist/grinder/programmer for full-time work in our busy precision grinding shop.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates one or more CNC OD grinding machines to grind aerospace parts to blueprint specifications.
- Ability to create new programs to perform OD grinding operations on CNC equipment.
- Follows blueprints, job orders and written or verbal instructions for product specifications such as finishes, dimensions, tolerances, number of parts to be holding fixtures and grinding wheels to be used.
- Dresses wheels to specifications using dressing appropriate techniques.
- Observes overall operation and performs regular daily maintenance on equipment and work area.
- Fills out production paperwork and inspection procedures as required.
- Reports any problems or discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Maintains tools, gages and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Complies with company policies and procedures giving special attention to safety regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates a willingness and capacity to learn more skills.
- Working in tight tolerance environment (+/- .0005 or less) a plus