Quality Inspector is responsible for performing daily receiving, in-process, first-piece, and final inspections in accordance with work instructions and customer requirements. Position will also be required to control, inspect, adjust and maintain all internal metrology tools and arrange for outsourcing of critical metrology tools as required. Calibration function includes verifying accuracy of measuring instruments such as height gages, calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, etc. against master gages.
- Perform inspection of components using a variety of inspection and measurement tools such as CMM, optical comparators, calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Evaluate inspection results for compliance to specification.
- Perform First Article inspection of components by interpreting drawings/blueprints
- Recognize problems that might affect the quality or integrity of the product and communicate problems.
- Facilitate calibration and routine daily/weekly instrument maintenance to ensure accuracy of results.
- Work with customers with non-conforming parts.
- Build gaging for work assigned.
- Perform other duties assigned by management & knowledge in AS9100/ISO 9001 environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with routine instrumentation and inspection equipment.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T.
- Ability to build solid working relationships that enhance collaboration and cooperation with others.
- Ability to prioritize daily/weekly work assignments to meet goals.
- Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail.
- Good communication skills and mathematical aptitude.
- 3+ years of inspection experience with close tolerances.
- Future training to utilize Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM).